In this episode, I talk about how we can navigate conflict well. Conflict is normal and sometimes we think without conflict we are peaceful people. It’s important to realize that we can’t resolve everything but we do have a part to play. Today I want to share some things with you that I use almost on a daily basis to resolve conflict and live through conflict.
1. You are fully responsible for yourself.
2. Use empathy and put yourself in someone else’s shoes for a minute.
3. Own up with what you have and ask yourself if you should have a conversation about it. What can you do without the other person participating?
4. Practice saying: “I am so sorry, will you please forgive me?”
5. Let it go and keep no record of wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:5).
6. Come up with a plan and ask yourself the right questions.
I hope this helps you today. Always ask the Lord to guide you. Let go of the things He is asking you to let go of and fight for the things He is asking you to fight for.
“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” -James 1:19 (NIV)